Psi Beta, Inc. (The National Honor Society in Psychology for 2-Year and Junior Colleges)
Psi Beta is a National Honors Society for Community and Junior Colleges. Members gain recognition for achieving the honor of membership. Among the entities that recognize Psi Beta membership are Psi Chi, APA, APS, psychology departments at colleges and universities, and employers.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You have attended at least some meetings of the Psychology Club.
- You have completed a college psychology course with a grade of B or higher.
- You have completed 12 units of college coursework with a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or higher, or your GPA is within the top 35% of GPAs at your college.
- You have good standing in the community.
- You pay a $50 one time, lifetime fee.
If you are interested in joining the Psi Beta Honors Society Please contact professor Aloni.
You can read more about Psi Beta, The National Honors Society by clicking on the highlighted link.
PIE (People In Education)
The People In Education club is intended for future teachers. This club runs numerous fund raisers for philanthropic purposes, and takes an annual trip to the New Jersey Teachers Convention as well as to the restored colonial village at Smithville. In the past this club has organized presentations by professional educators and has sponsored educational trips to Boston, Salem, and other historic or education-related sites.
Both of the department’s clubs encourage students to apply for either or both of the Annual Steven Rosengarten Memorial Scholarships. Eligibility and essay dates are available at the MCC Foundation Office in Center IV.
Students in both of these clubs begin professional networking activities. Often these members develop friendships and contacts that last throughout their professional careers.