Home Admissions Taxpayer Identification Number Information
PDF Print E-mail

Common Questions Regarding Taxpayer Identification Numbers

Who is required to submit a Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)?

All applicants are required to provide a social security or individual tax identification number prior to registering for classes (non-resident aliens are exempt from this requirement).

Note: If a student is receiving a scholarship he/she is still required to provide a tax identification number.

Why is the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) Required?

The college must get your correct Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) to file a mandatory IRS document called a 1098-T. A copy of this document is provided to you every January for the previous calendar year.

What is a 1098-T?

Information about the 1098-T form and potential personal tax credits can be found on our MCC website.

How can I submit my Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number prior to registering for classes?

Students who have been admitted to the college can provide this information by following these five easy steps:

  1. Create your CampusCruiser account (see your Admissions Admittance Letter)
  2. Log in to CampusCruiser
  3. Go to the WebAdvisor Tab
  4. Select "Enter Social Security/Individual Tax ID Number" from the "MY Info" Menu
  5. Enter and confirm your Social Security or Individual Tax ID Number and SUBMIT


What is a W9S Form?

This form is used to collect the taxpayer identification number. The student must complete only Part I of the form.

What if I do not have a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)?

Please visit the IRS website for more information about obtaining a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).

Am I a non-resident alien?

Please visit the IRS website for more information about non-resident alien.