UNEMPLOYMENT TUITION WAIVERS
* Students will not be reimbursed and allowed to apply a waiver to a registration for which a payment has been made.
* Students presenting unemployment waivers must complete the financial aid process before a waiver will be accepted.
* Students may not be overloaded into a closed course when using an unemployment waiver.
* Students using the unemployment tuition waiver may register for classes two business days prior to the start of the session.
* Fees are due on the day of registration.
* Unemployed persons are required to apply for Financial Aid and receive a decision prior to submitting a waiver. We suggest applications be submitted no later than July 15 for the fall semester.
* Documentation is required from the New Jersey Department of Labor as proof of eligibility to enroll. This documentation must be dated not earlier than 30 days prior to the first day of class.
* Students must complete the appropriate Middlesex County College Registration Form and include payment for all fees.
* Workforce Development Program students who will receive benefits from an unemployed persons program should contact the Department of Counseling and Career Services in Edison Hall Room 100 or call 732.906.2595.
SENIOR CITIZENS TUITION WAIVERS
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students will not be reimbursed and allowed to apply a waiver to any registration that was paid previously. Students using a senior citizens’ waiver may not be overloaded into a closed course.
Middlesex County residents who are 65 years or older may take courses on a space-available basis and have the tuition waived. Students using a senior waiver may register two business days prior to the start of the session. Students may not be overloaded into a closed course when using a waiver. Proof of age is required. All fees must be paid by the student and are due on the day of registration.
VOLUNTEER TUITION WAIVER
Volunteer firefighters, first aid and rescue squad members and their spouse or dependent children can qualify for a tuition waiver. The volunteer shall agree to serve as a member volunteer for a minimum of four years. Following each year of volunteer service performed the person or family member is entitled to receive a maximum of $600 per academic year of tuition credit. The cumulative maximum tuition credit is $2,400. The student must complete a waiver form available in the Cashier’s Office each semester. All remaining expenses must be paid by the regular due date.