STARS Online Guidelines - Please read before applying
(Please Note: Our STARS Online application has no relation to the New Jersey STARS program.)
- Use your MCC email address. Please check your email address entry for accuracy. All contact regarding awards and additional opportunities will go to the email address you list.
- Know your MCC Student ID. You cannot apply for scholarships if you are not enrolled.
- Please use proper capitalization. The way you type your information is the way you’ll see it when you receive email from the scholarships office.
- When completing each section of the application, you must click “Save and Exit” or “Save and Continue” or your answers will not be saved. Do this regularly.
- Complete the entire application. Recommended scholarships will not be listed if the application is not finished. Because of the magnitude of applicants, incomplete applications will be purged from the system after 30 days.
- For free-form questions, click on “edit” and a text box will appear for your answers. (Hint: You may type your answers into a Word document, then cut and paste into the application text box).
- IMPORTANT: Please know which degree you are pursuing. All scholarships are linked to a degree and will affect which scholarships are recommended to you. View Degree and Certificate Programs.
- For more helpful tools, please check out the Scholarships Homepage.
Letters of Recommendation
- It is your responsibility to ensure that a letter of recommendation from a professor, minister or employer, as indicated, has been uploaded to your application. STARS Online allows you to request a recommendation via email from your application. Under “Attach Documents” click on the Recommendation Letters icon, provide the contact information as directed and under Select a Request Template, choose Recommendation Request. You will be notified when the recommender has received your email and when the Scholarships office has received the recommendation.
- If you prefer, you may email a copy of the attached form to your recommender. You can upload the signed copy and attach it to your online application or email it to our office at
. Click here to download the Letter of Recommendation Form.