STARS Online Guidelines
– Please read before applying –
(Please Note: Our STARS Online application has no relation to the New Jersey STARS program.)
- Use your MCC email address. Please check your email address entry for accuracy. All contact regarding awards and additional opportunities will go to the email address you list.
- Know your MCC Student ID. You cannot apply for scholarships if you are not enrolled.
- Please use proper capitalization. The way you type your information is the way you’ll see it when you receive email from the scholarships office.
- When completing each section of the application, you must click “Save and Exit” or “Save and Continue” or your answers will not be saved. Do this regularly.
- Complete the entire application. Recommended scholarships will not be listed if the application is not finished. Because of the magnitude of applicants, incomplete applications will not be considered.
- For free-form questions, click on “edit” and a text box will appear for your answers. (Hint: You may type your answers into a Word document, then cut and paste into the application text box).
- IMPORTANT: Please know which degree you are pursuing. All scholarships are linked to a degree and will affect which scholarships are recommended to you. View Degree and Certificate Programs.
- For more helpful tools, please check out the Scholarships Homepage.
Letters of Recommendation
- It is your responsibility to ensure that a letter of recommendation from a professor, minister or employer, as indicated, has been uploaded to your application. STARS Online allows you to request a recommendation via email from your application. Under “Attach Documents” click on the Recommendation Letters icon, provide the contact information as directed and under Select a Request Template, choose Recommendation Request. You will be notified when the recommender has received your email and when the Scholarships office has received the recommendation.
- If you prefer, you may email a copy of the attached form to your recommender. You can upload the signed copy and attach it to your online application or email it to our office at
. Click here to download the Letter of Recommendation Form.