What gets you FIRED???
According to Fay Hansen of Workforce Management magazine “Hiring decisions clearly focus on skill sets, but firing decisions shift to other concerns.” According to a 2007 survey of employers by CERI, the top six reasons for firing college graduate new hires are:
1. unethical behavior (28 percent)
2. lack of motivation/work ethic (18 percent)
3. inappropriate use of technology (14 percent)
4. failure to follow instructions (9 percent)
5. late to work (8 percent)
6. missing assignment deadlines (7 percent)
You will be held accountable on the job. You worked so hard to get the job, don’t let these mistakes cost you a great opportunity!