Mission The Department of Counseling and Career Services provides support to enhance student development and foster a successful college experience for all students.
Goals 1. Assist students with career decisions, educational planning, college transfer, job search and personal concerns.
2. Assist students in adjusting to the demands of college, and in improving their academic and social skills.
3. Assist students with personal issues that may affect their academic and interpersonal effectiveness by gaining self-understanding.
4. Assist students in preparing for and obtaining employment (including cooperative education and internships) and provide resource information regarding careers, employment projections and area employers.
5. Provide special assistance to international students, students with disabilities, to students for whom English is not their first language, returning adults and armed services veterans.
6. Provide career and transfer services to alumni.
7. Provide assistance to the College community in identifying and addressing student development issues.
8. Coordinate College services to comply with Section 504/ADA and INS regulations for students.