The Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Program assists students from educationally and economically disadvantaged backgrounds from Middlesex County in their pursuit of a college degree. EOF is an innovative academic support program that offers counseling, educational and career assessment, tutoring support, and on-going personal development. The success of EOF students is directly linked to the commitment of staff/faculty and students’ motivation.
EOF plays a central role in increasing the diversity of students participating in postsecondary education and contributes to the preparation of citizens for the county’s and state’s skilled workforce.
Middlesex EOF provides a path to quality education. Take advantage of all that we have to offer. Take pride in your aspirations to make life better for you and your family.
- To provide access to higher education by identifying, recruiting and processing educationally and financially disadvantaged students for full-time enrollment at Middlesex County College.
- To provide financial aid grants for economically disadvantaged students to defray their educational expenses, thereby removing the financial barrier that restricts educational pursuits.
- To provide academic support services for educationally disadvantaged students to remove their academic deficiencies, thus allowing them the same educational opportunities as other students.
- To provide individual and group counseling services to assist disadvantaged students in self-actualization and self-motivation.
- Students are offered an opportunity to enroll in the EOF Program at Middlesex County College, upon completion of the selection and qualification process.
- Students will have a more solid academic foundation with which to pursue a college education, upon completion of the EOF Summer Program and/or developmental courses.
- Students will be better equipped to meet the academic and emotional demands of higher education, through participation in EOF support services.
- Students will be better equipped to enter and compete in the career/employment market upon completion of a college education.